Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fun at Hotel!
This was our first day with not much on our schedule so we spent a lot of time with our group and having fun at the hotel. Monroe continues to amaze us at how well she is bonding and adapting to Dan and I. Her cleft has been a non-issue from the first day we got her. She eats everything, doesn't drool, never chokes, and is very neat eater-I never even have to wipe up excess food off her face. I was told that cleft palate babies drool all day, choke on very small pieces of food, have food come out their nose-She has had none of these!! Dan and I both agree that we really don't even notice her cleft  anymore. She is funny, smart, outgoing, and always has Dan and I laughing. Our travel group was cracking up last night because she was dancing to the Mexican music at the hotel-Who would have thought she would know what to do when music played!!!

Thanks again to all my family and friends back home that have been wonderful to my kids! I feel so much peace here knowing they are being well taken care of at home. You all are such a blessing to Dan and I. We will be leaving for Hong Kong in 2 days!!! We are almost home and watch out Bloomington/Normal-Monroe Raine Willard is almost home!!!
Dancing to the music

A group of school girls that interviewed me

Monroe and Lily being silly together
Daddy and Monroe getting ready to swim

Swinging for the first time

She stole my lens cap and was laughing

Being peaceful playing with her toy



2 comments:

  1. I can see it now - The Hayes & Monroe Comedy Show. It has a nice ring to it. They will be a riot together. Brooklyn says that seeing all of these pictures, makes her want to travel to China, and get a little girl, just like Monroe. She thinks Monroe is the cutest thing! You're finally in the home stretch. Can't wait to see you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad everything is going so well. Praise God! She is such a cutie and what a personality! Can't wait to meet her! Prayers for a fun last couple of days and a safe and uneventful flight home along with some sleep to make it go faster!

    ReplyDelete